Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How can I remove the stock car stereo and fit a new one in a Rover 220?

I've got a P reg Rover 220 and i want to replace the existing radio/stereo unit with a new kenwood cd player stereo thing. Is this something that's fairly straightforward to do myself? Being a student, I'd rather save myself the cost of getting Halford's to fit it for me...


Can someone please explain to me how I could do this?


Thanks|||If you do that and its a better one than is already fitted in car you will of course double the value of the car .


So instead of being worth 25 pounds it will now be worth 50 pounds.|||if it's a philips stereo there are two holes on the front at each side, you'll need to push either a rivet or nail into each hole to release the stereo (there is a proper tool, but you prob won't have one)


on some of the phillips the holes are under side trims on the stereo face, these will ease off with a small screwdriver (push away from stereo)|||Yes like first peron said, you need a "key" to pop the existing stereo out.





Your new stereo shoul have an ISO block (The wires will have a black connection block to plug into the cars) If this don't plug straight into the block into the cars wiring block, then you would need to buy an adaptor from any good car audio dealer which will plug straight into your cars ISO and your stereos ISO

No comments:

Post a Comment